Friday, November 21, 2008

Nov. 21, 2008

Nov. 21st, 2001

Dear Kids,

Your sharing topic this week sounds like a timely one. It's a good thing to stop and remember all the things that make us thankful . Otherwise we run the risk of being ungrateful and taking things for granted.

I'm thankful for having a whole classroom full of second grade penpals, or should I write, cyberpals with whom I can share all my profound thoughts. I am thankful for my nice, soft bed where I take all my naps, but I do wish Miss R. would find her own place to sleep! Speaking of sleep, I am thankful for lovely, warm laundry fresh out of the dryer (if only Miss R. wouldn't be so quick to put it away) because nothing beats a nap on clean clothes hot out of the dryer! I am thankful for catnip and tuna. I am thankful for my many neighbors who share their apartments with humans and who come out on their decks when their humans have left for work so we can, "shoot the breeze," as they say. I am thankful for running shoes fresh off the feet of my human after she's run 7 plus miles on the treadmill! I am thankful for coffee and good books. Right now I'm reading The Last Battle by Mr. CS Lewis which features a large ginger cat who might look like me, but has nothing of my sweet nature. I'm thankful for Thanksgiving when I get to attack, um I mean, eat all those yummy leftovers....mmmm....turkey.

I can't wait to read all about the things for which you are thankful. Will you tell me?

Love,
Oliver

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Oliver, so many of the things you are thankful for are things I would not be thankful for - like tuna and sweaty shoes. Warm laundry is the best, though! I am thankful for my fish, Finnegan, and my mom and dad, and my little brother sometimes. I'm also thankful for my teacher, Miss R, and for enough food to eat and a warm bed and a house to live in. There's more, but no more space here.

    ReplyDelete