Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


Can I just say it? Thanksgiving is the BEST holiday EVER! My neighbor Bob, that's him in the photograph posted on Halloween, and I spent the afternoon sunning ourselves out on our decks while our humans busied themselves in the kitchens. While Bob and I waited for our respective feasts to begin, we discussed our favorite dishes. Bob is partial to the potatoes and stuffing, and while I don't mind those tasty tidbits even one bit, I LOVE the turkey. Turkey, turkey, turkey. Imagine! A holiday that celebrates eating. Bob kept reminding me that there's more to this holiday than just food. He insisted it's really about stopping and reflecting on everything for which we're thankful. Hmmm. I'm thankful for.......turkey, turkey, turkey turkey.....

1 comment:

  1. Oliver, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I didn't know cats like turkey so much. I like pumpkin pie and rolls the best. My day was a lot like your day...lounging and eating, eating and lounging. Hope you have fun with Miss R. this weekend!

    ReplyDelete