Friday, January 16, 2009

On Appreciation

Dear Kids,
You're so lucky you get to read such great books. I really enjoy Roahld Dahl. Matilda is great, but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorites. Imagine, a book dedicated to chocolate! Does reading get any better? I admit Mr. Wonka seems a bit strange, but you know what they say! "A genius is never appreciated in his or her own time." I think that's why no one has yet built a statue of me. I must be such a genius that I am not appreciated at all.

What was your favorite part of the book?

Love,
Oliver

2 comments:

  1. my favorite part in Mitalda was when Ms. thunchble holded on to erik's ears and swinged him out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, besides the idea of a chocolate factory, is when Violet turns into a blueberry. I like this part because she gets what she deserves.

    ReplyDelete