Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy New Year????

Can you believe that New Year's Day is my neighbor Bob's favorite holiday? Unbelievable! I mean, as far as I understand, there is no food at all involved in the celebration of this holiday. In fact, this holiday always has the exact opposite effect on my human, Miss R. For reasons I fail to understand, this is the time of year when she completely purges her cupboards of all the deliciously fattening baked goods and candy that have been gathering there since Halloween and replaces them with..............vegetables! Vegetables? Really?! What is the point of that?! What's worse? Every January 1, she renews her efforts to "help" me "realize my fitness goals." What can she be thinking? This year in her misguided efforts, she replaced my huge, sturdy food dishes with a teeny tiny one that barely has any room for all the food required to nourish a big boy like me. Supposedly, the smaller dish will trick me into thinking I'm eating more than the mere pittance she is allowing me. Seriously, all her dieting seems to have shrunken her brain cells! I'd write more about all the reasons I can't stand this time of year, but my energy has completely dwindled away due to lack of proper nourishment. Somebody please, FEED ME!

7 comments:

  1. Dear Oliver,
    I am writing a book with my Mom about my dog Duke. It is an adventure book about the things he may do during the day while I am at school. Has Ms. Rotz written a book about you?

    JA 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jordan,
    I can't believe it, but Miss Rotz has NEVER written a book about me! However, in previous years her students have written stories about me. I think she has the books in her room. Have you read them?

    Love,
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Oliver,
    No I have not Ms R won't let me I wish I cood.
    You see Iam on the red tem my nomber is 1. She
    dosen't let us read them atall. Mabe you can help
    me by writing to me and see if that wrks?
    Ole for Oliver
    J.A1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oliver,
    Way haveint you ritetid to me? Are you ok?
    P.S I miss you riting to me
    J.A.1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oliver,
    Are you ok? Has evryone saing that you are to cunky
    to be a cat? [P.S way are you still not writting to me?] J.A.1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miss JA#1,
    My sincerest apologies for not writing to you. I had no idea you had sent all these messages. I am doing well, but the diet Miss R. has had me on is doing nothing for my energy levels hence my inability to reply in a timely manner,.

    What are you doing for break? Are you having fun? Did you bake me a catnip cake?

    Love,
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Oliver,
    I'm just warning you that Miss R. is talking about how you are going on a diet. You should get her back. I would.

    E.H #7

    ReplyDelete